FAQ’s‎ > ‎Affiliation‎ > ‎

Which IL public universities have faculty unions?

Most faculty at public colleges and universities in Illinois are represented by
unions. The IFT represents faculty at two year colleges and research institutions
such as the University of Illinois. Within the IFT, many higher education
employees belong to the University Professionals of Illinois, Local #4100. Western
Illinois University, Eastern Illinois University, Northeastern Illinois University,
Northern Illinois University (NTT faculty), Chicago State University, Governors
State University, and University of Illinois – Springfield (TT faculty) currently
have chapters within UPI.

UPI has mastered the difficult task of drawing together the collective
strength of public higher education's faculty and staff while protecting and
enhancing the distinctive features of each university. UPI's campus leaders are
effective advocates for UPI's 3,200 members.